Wednesday, February 5, 2014

I'm a long time Golden State Warriors fan, held season tickets for many years but gave them up several years ago when my life got busy. I live in the Bay Area and this is the only team that I can say that I follow, religiously.

Unfortunately, all the media in this area is soo caught up with kissing the butts of the Giants and 49ers and placing the Dubs on the back burner, that I got infuriated and decided to create my own space, online or otherwise, where I could talk about the Dubs until the cows come home and not have to worry about stupid interruptions or commercials or radio callers that want to talk about nothing but the Giants, even in the middle of football season! It's absolute madness, I'm sick of it and it needs to be stopped!. They sucked ass last year and still I had to listen to caller after caller after caller discuss what the Giants could, should, couldn't or shouldn't do. Enough is enough already!!

I can appreciate that the Giants have won a World Series and the 49ers got to a Super Bowl, although failed to win. They are deserving of regular discussions and I always want good things to happen for all of our Bay Area teams, but when the baseball season is over, the last thing I want to listen to is fans calling up and discussing what the Giants need to do 3-4 MONTHS before training camp even begins! I could care less about what happens in Arizona, it means nothing to the actual season, yet our sports talk radio and "tunnel vision" fans continually pound it into our heads! Who gives a flying ****!!!

What's worse, we have a Warriors team that was the Cinderella story of last years playoffs, made it to the Semi-Finals and quite possibly could have eliminated the Spurs from contention and earned a spot in the Western Finals had their compliment of players been healthy, yet when I look to media outlets to try and find some discussion on them, all I could locate was crickets! It was these driving forces that manifested the birth of my GSW Blog, where I could talk Warriors 24/7 365.

No comments:

Post a Comment